Our Statement of Purpose
Advanced NeuroTherapy provides an innovative approach to working with mechanical, psychological and toxic trauma including:
- Chronic pain
- Head injury
- Spinal Cord accident
- Virus, or toxic poisoning (including pre- and perinatal trauma)
- Psychological trauma resulting from physical injury, accident, abuse, torture, loss, or circumstance psychological
- Vocational, financial, or complex trauma resulting from emotional injury or loss, or in combination with the above physical causes
- Chemical dependency
- Chronic Fatigue / Fibromyalgia
- Attention Deficit Disorder / Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Repeated treatment failures and relapses
These individuals typically show the following symptoms:
- Mood disorders including depression, anxiety, mood swings and obsessiveness
- Impatience, irritability, or explosiveness
- Difficulty following conversations and absorbing information
- Trouble paying attention, remembering and concentrating
- Difficulty with reading comprehension
- Energy problems during the day
- Sleeping problems at night
- Difficulty getting things done
- Racing thoughts
- Organizing and prioritizing difficulties
Advanced NeuroTherapy provides a successful process also proven helpful for:
- Peak performance training
- Writer’s block
- Enhancement of creativity
- Preparation for professional exams
The average* duration of the program for mechanical and psychological trauma is 25 sessions, with 60 being the highest number of sessions (for someone with a lifelong history of multiple problems). Post stroke and spinal cord rehabilitation requires hundreds of sessions with marked, reliable recovery of speech and movement, even years after the incident. The duration for advanced functioning is 12-20 sessions for most problems.
Daily sessions are recommended whenever possible, especially for severe disturbances.
Our service supports, enhances, and complements the work of other health care providers. Most of our clients are already in treatment. We may provide psychotherapy and we expect all our interactions with clients to be supportive and psychotherapeutic.
Clients are always under the direct supervision of a therapist in private rooms. Sessions are individual and last 60 minutes.
NeuroTherapy and EEG-Driven photic stimulation has been used by clinicians and researchers across the United States, Mexico, Australia, Canada, and Germany. The only side effects observed so far have been similar in nature and duration to those observed in psychotherapy, or body work. Physical side effects have been similar to those that clients are already experiencing. Epileptic and photoconcusive seizures have not been reported, on assessment of side effects.
We cannot do everything for everybody. Our hope is to raise the level of functioning so that each person we work with is more mobile, self sufficient, assertive, and in control of their problems and their lives.
Insurance plans reimburse for some or all of this service. Occasionally, optimal program time for a patient is a shorter session of fifteen or thirty minutes. Session fees are adjusted accordingly.